Friday, February 12, 2010

Projects Finished

It has been a "creating marathon" the past couple of weeks. I have had a great time making fun gifts for my grandkids and Darci!

It all started when Amy sent me an email with a link and asked me if I could make a car carrier for Charlie for his birthday. Easy -- I had some scraps of fabric, followed the tutorial off the website and ...
here it is... Closed .... and...

Here it is open. Cars fit into the pockets. Here's the link to the tutorial if you want to make your own.. http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2009/12/cozy-car-caddy-tutorial.html



Then, Amy sent me some links to some terrific card table tents. So we designed and made this one for Charlie's birthday. I have wanted to make one of these for years.







Next project...early in January, Daphne asked me if I would make her a dress to be baptized in. I was honored. Daphne and I went shopping so she could pick out the fabric and pattern. She did a terrific job, I think! She looked like an angel last Saturday on her baptism day.



For about 4 months I have wanted to make a Church bag for me and have saved this pattern from a Joann Fabric website. I thought I'd try out my first bag on one for Darci's birthday.
It was a ton of fun to make and turned out great. I still haven't made mine yet but I will get it done soon. I think we still have 6 more weeks of winter -- at least :) Here's the link to the directions if you want to make one.
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/projectdetail.jsp?pageName=search&PRODID=xprd780715

As you can see it has been cold in Idaho Falls and I have needed to stay busy inside. I have crafted with friends, family and by myself -- it has been so much fun making things for my family!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my church bag! Thanks so much!

Unknown said...

I am married to one very talented woman!

Karla said...

Everything turned out so awesome. I agree....you are one very talented woman :). I had fun we when did our "crafting night". Let's do it again soon but this time let's find a better movie!!

Megan said...

A few things...First, that bag is AMAZINGLY cute. Second, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card table tent and want to pay you a million dollars to make one for my boys, and third, I really hope we can see you this week while we are up in IF. Love ya!

Colle said...

I love the card table tent and my kids would so love one. I should make them one. The bag is way cute!

Amy said...

WOW..what fun project. I want the table tent it is so darling