Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trip to Charleston and Savannah - Check

I have always wanted to go to Savannah, GA. I am not really sure exactly when this entered my list of places to visit. Probably that summer when I was in Jr. High and read Gone with the Wind. Or it could have been the Interior Design class in college where we studied historic architecture. General Sherman didn't burn Savannah so many of the pre Civil War homes are still standing and restored. Simply beautiful culture and tradition.

During the last week of April Jeff and I headed to Charleston and Savannah. We both love historical places and these two cities are filled with battlegrounds from the French and Indian War to Forts occupied during WWII. The southern charm, history and lifestyle abounds in these two cities.

We walked the beautiful historic streets and parks, went on ghost tours, ate amazing food and ice cream, toured swamps, plantations, military forts, churches, and endless cemeteries. We stayed in a historic Bed and Breakfast. Loved the friendliness of the people. Marveled over the flowers, trees, and Live Oak trees.

If you are up to a long collection of pictures click on the video of pictures. It was a fabulous trip and lived up to all my anticipation and expectations.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to go and visit some of those plantations...or just live there. So fun! I want to go next time!